On October 4, 2021, when we enter Phase Five of Nova Scotia's reopening plan
, Halifax Grammar School will be embracing the opportunity to lift restrictions and we ask that our community members abide by the following modifications:
- All members of our community who can be vaccinated should be vaccinated. (Any community member unable to be vaccinated should inform the school.)
- Masks are to be worn when entering the school and during the day when travelling to and from class.
- Masks may be removed in class.
- Masks may be removed during extracurricular activities.
- Masks may be removed when outside.
Although restrictions are lifting, we strongly encourage our community members to wear masks, Any community member who would like to wear a mask is always welcomed to do so and will at no time be asked to remove their mask. We will review these expectations accordingly as vaccinations for students under the age of twelve become available.
Grammar's 2021-2022 Reopening Plan is predicated on the explicit expectation that every community member who is twelve or older has received two doses of a Canadian Government approved vaccine. It is also predicated on the explicit expectation that the school will be informed of any student twelve or older is not vaccinated. So too, our plan reflects the recommendations of the Department of Health & Wellness and the Department of Education.
Below are highlights from the 2021-2022 Reopening Plan in regard to masks, hygiene protocols, and further safety protocols, including student pick-up and drop-off, school visits, and more: